SommFoundation & Napa Valley Vintners are looking to secure a professional volunteer sommelier team for Napa Valley’s leading charity wine event, Auction Napa Valley.
Sommelier Volunteer Duties on Saturday:
• Shift commitment: Saturday, June 6th from 2 – 10 p.m.
• Open and Deliver wine and water to tables and pour wine for guests. Also, open wine that vintners bring with them to the Auction/Dinner
• Attend to any guest beverage needs during live auction & dinner (wine, water, etc.)
Dinner and breaks will be provided on Saturday.
***NEW THIS YEAR – Friday Night Vintner Dinner Sommelier Opportunities:
- As part of Auction Napa Valley week, we have numerous Friday night dinners at wineries all around the valley. There are sommelier opportunities at some of these. It would be a 4-10pm commitment and you would have a dinner provided.
Recognition for Volunteers
- Sommeliers will also be given one ticket to Auction Napa Valley’s Friday barrel auction and marketplace event so that they have an opportunity to explore and taste Napa Valley wines as our guest; this is a $500 value. This event is during the day and will not interfere with Friday night sommelier opportunities.
- As a BONUS***Two Magnums of rare Napa Valley wine will be awarded to two volunteers providing the best service and the person who traveled the furthest, as judged by Master Sommelier and SommFoundation Chairman, Jay James.
- Napa Valley Vintners and SommFoundation will recognize volunteers on their respective websites.
About the Auction
Your assistance will not only help to raise funds for the Napa Valley community, but also for future sommeliers who will receive scholarships through SommFoundation. The Napa Valley Vintners will make a generous donation to SommFoundation in exchange for volunteer sommelier services at Auction Napa Valley.
Since the Auction’s inception, the NVV has invested $195 million in Napa County nonprofit organizations through Auction Napa Valley proceeds. Each year, proceeds help 100,000 clients of more than 25 Napa County nonprofits, from American Canyon to Calistoga. Some examples include OLE Health, Boys & Girls Clubs throughout the valley, Area Agency on Aging, Big Brothers Big Sisters, Rianda House and UpValley Family Centers. Learn more about Auction Napa Valley at www.auctionnapavalley.org
***This is a volunteer event. You will be responsible for your own transportation and lodging. Winery housing in Napa Valley may be available on a limited basis. Napa Valley Vintners would be happy to help make connections but cannot guarantee winery lodging.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: March 1st, 8pm PST
Confirmations will be sent by March 31st