Announcing Somm Camp 2021!
…and yes, it’s an in-person trip!
Be one of a select group of people to participate in this engaging, hands-on, educational experience focusing on elite vineyards and wineries of Napa Valley and Sonoma County. We will explore mountain viticulture, organic and biodynamic practices, lab work behind the scenes, techniques in wine making, blind tasting, and many other topics.
The trip will be an intensive workshop, comprised of three and a half days of producer visits. Each day you will enjoy lunch and dinner with the winemakers. Attendees will also take part in an intensive blind tasting seminar led by Master Sommelier and SommFoundation co-Chairman, Thomas Price. This unique program is designed specifically for professionals preparing to take the Court of Master Sommeliers Advanced Exam (or an equivalent level) in 2021/2022
SommCamp is sponsored by the Spire Collection (including Cardinale, Mt. Brave, Lokoya, & La Jota Vineyard Co.), as well as Larkmead Vineyards, Frog’s Leap Winery, Joseph Phelps Winery, Kistler Vineyards, Sonoma-Cutrer, and Copain Wines.
All program costs (including travel to and from the summit) are covered. This is a singular opportunity to expand your studies beyond the books and to experience world-class wines in the areas where they’re made!
- Must work and reside in the United States
- Prior completion of CMS Certified (or its equivalent)
- Planning to sit for CMS Advanced Exam (or its equivalent) in 2021/2022
- Availability to travel on or before October 31st and stay through the night of Wednesday, November 3rd (departing the morning of the 4th)
- If you are selected to attend, you will be required to sign this Covid-19 Waiver Please read prior to submitting your application.
- Participants must agree to adhere to all Covid-19 guidelines, rules, and regulations that any of our sponsors, common carriers, service providers, Napa & Sonoma County, and the State of California required
- All participants will also be required to sign the following standard forms: Code of Conduct, Publicity Consent, Waiver of Liability.
***In the event of Covid-19 complications or wildfires, this event may be postponed until spring of 2022.
Deadline to apply, August 8th, 11pm Pacific