Bordeaux & Bordeaux Sup’s Sommeliers of the Year
Bordeaux & Bordeaux Supérieur Association and SommFoundation invite you to apply for a scholarship to attend the Bordeaux Sup’s Sommeliers of the Year Masterclass and Competition, August 5th & 6th, 2019 at the San Francisco wine school. Airfare and 2 nights hotel will be provided. Ground transport and meals are not covered. Two scholarships will be awarded.
Monday 9:45am-5:00pm: Masterclass, theory exam, (10 finalists will be selected to compete the following day)
Tuesday: 9:45am-2:30pm: Theory, Service and Tasting Exams
- 1st & 2nd place – All-expense paid 5-day trip to Bordeaux, dates TBD. The winners will also be awarded the title of Ambassadors of Bordeaux & Bordeaux Supérieur.
- 3rd place: “Bordeaux Master-Level Program with Wine Scholar Guild”- online study and certificate program on the wines of Bordeaux!
- 4th & 5th place: Selection of bottles of Bordeaux and Bordeaux Supérieur gems
- Must work and reside in the United States, California residents are not eligible for this scholarship
- Must be available to attend both days of the competition
- Must be 21 or older, with valid ID/Driver’s License
- Must work in the alcoholic beverage industry
- Must have knowledge/experience tasting wine and spirits
- Must have high-level knowledge of wine and on-trade consumption
**Please note, if you are not one of the scholarship winners, you are still welcome to participate in the competition, however, all expenses will be your responsibility.
About Planète Bordeaux – Bordeaux & Bordeaux Supérieur Association:
The Bordeaux and Bordeaux Supérieur Association promotes in France and on its main exporting markets wines from 7 Bordeaux AOC (Protected Designations of Origin) : AOC Bordeaux blanc, Bordeaux Supérieur blanc, Bordeaux rosé, Bordeaux clairet, Bordeaux rouge, Bordeaux Supérieur rouge and Crémant de Bordeaux. It represents an area of 58 637 hectares (55% of the Bordeaux vineyard) and a production of around 2.8 million hectoliters and 384 million of bottles (12 bottles sold every second worldwide). As a strong, dynamic and professional organization our role is to secure the future of these AOC, to guarantee their quality and authenticity, to communicate and promote its 4 890 members including winegrowers, trading houses and cooperative wineries.
DEADLINE TO APPLY, JULY 8TH, 5PM PST, 2019