Announcing Somm Camp 2024!
Be one of a select group of people to participate in this engaging, hands-on, educational experience focusing on vineyards and wineries of Napa Valley and Sonoma County. We will explore mountain viticulture, organic and biodynamic practices, lab work behind the scenes, techniques in wine making, blind tasting, and many other topics.
The trip will be an intensive workshop, comprised of three and a half days of producer visits. Each day you will travel through Napa and Sonoma while enjoying lunch and dinner with winemakers and producers as well as tastings, activities, and vineyard tours. Attendees will also take part in an intensive blind tasting seminar led by Master Sommelier and SommFoundation Chairman, Thomas Price. This unique program is designed specifically for professionals preparing to attend the CMS Advanced Course, sit for CMS Advanced Exam, sit for WSET Level 3 in Wine, or the equivalent in 2024/2025.
Attendees will be visiting Copain, Pride Mountain Vineyards, Hamel Family Wines, Rudd Estates, Sonoma-Cutrer, Force and Grace, and more!
This is a singular opportunity to expand your studies beyond the books and to experience world-class wines in the areas where they’re made.
- Must work and reside in the United States
- Prior completion of CMS Certified, WSET Level 2 in Wine, or its equivalent
- Planning to attend the CMS Advanced Course, sit for CMS Advanced Exam, sit for WSET Level 3 in Wine, or the equivalent in 2024/2025
- Availability to travel from Sunday, April 21st to Thursday, April 25th
- All participants will also be required to sign the following standard forms: Code of Conduct, Publicity Consent, Waiver of Liability
*Lodging, meals, airfare, and local transport will be provided.
*In the event of Covid-19 complications or weather, this event may be postponed until spring of 2025.
Deadline to apply: FEBRUARY 9TH, 2024, 11:00 PM PST