Wilson Daniels invites you to apply to the Anne-Claude Leflaive Memorial Scholarship in partnership with the SommFoundation for an immersive trip to visit our renowned winery partners in Burgundy.
Anne-Claude Leflaive’s passion for education and sustainable growing methods has earned the historic family estate a reputation as a benchmark for white Burgundy and as leaders in biodynamic farming. Broadening professional’s understanding of the winemaking process was a lifelong goal of Anne-Claude.
Two industry professionals will be awarded an all-expenses paid trip to meet some of Wilson Daniels renowned family-owned winery partners in Burgundy. The trip will include personalized visits with Domaine Leflaive, Domaine Faiveley, Domaine Billaud-Simon, Château du Moulin-à-Vent, Domaine du Roc des Boutires, and Clau de Nell.
We are looking for candidates who display qualities of authenticity, originality and passion for the industry, and who have made extraordinary contributions to their wine community – just as Anne-Claude did throughout her remarkable life and career.
Highlights of the Trip Include:
- Domaine Leflaive tasting, vineyard tour, and cellar visit with Winemaker Pierre Vincent and dinner with Proprietor Brice de La Morandière
- Domaine Faiveley winery/vineyard tour, tasting, and lunch with Proprietor Erwan Faiveley
- Domaine Billaud-Simon winery/vineyard tour, tasting, and lunch with Winemaker Olivier Bailly
- Château du Moulin-à-Vent and Domaine du Roc des Boutires winery/vineyard tours, tastings, and lunch with Proprietor Edouard Parinet
- Tasting and dinner with Clau de Nell Proprietor Claire Leflaive
- Opportunity to explore Beaune and Paris between producer visits
Roundtrip airfare, local transport, lodging, and meals are included. (You will need to provide your own transport to/from your US airport).
- Work and reside in the United States
- Have a valid passport at the time of application. You will be required to provide your passport information immediately at the time of acceptance.
- Ensure that your schedule will allow you to travel from June 18th through June 24th (you will arrive in Paris the morning of June 19th)
About Wilson Daniels:
Founded in 1978, Wilson Daniels is a fully integrated, family-owned marketing and sales company representing a highly selective portfolio of the world’s most distinctive wines. Wilson Daniels continues to pursue and elevate the standards of excellence set by founders Win Wilson and Jack Daniels through developing long-term, strategic partnerships with luxury producers that possess profound respect for terroir and are benchmarks in their region. To learn more about Wilson Daniels, visit www.wilsondaniels.com.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: APRIL 19TH, 2023, 11pm Pacific